The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) was established with the approval of Cabinet on 1 November 1973 as an independent recruitment agency in pursuance of the recommendations of the Gajendragadkar Committee.
The Government of India has approved restructuring Board as per their decision in the meeting of the Union Cabinet held on 1 August, 2018 and issued vide Notification No. 25/CM/2018(i) dated 06.08.2018; Case No.213/25/2018 (Item-7). The decision has been formally notified in the GOI Gazette on 9 August, 2018.
Consequently, ASRB has been delinked from ICAR and attached with the Department of Agricultural Research & Education (DARE) under Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India. Further, the revamped Boards shall have its own Cadre of administrative staff in the secretariat and have independent administrative control on the said Cadre. A separate budget head for ASRB has been created in DARE.
- » Recruitment to posts in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of the ICAR and to such other posts and services that the President, ICAR, may specify from time to time.
- » Rendering such other assistances to the Council in personnel matters, including promotion, as may be required by the President, ICAR.
- » Advising the Council on disciplinary matters relating to personnel recruited through ASRB or appointed by the Council in consultation with the Board.
- » Recruitment to entry level scientific positions of the ARS through an All-India Competitive Examination.
- » Induction of existing scientists of the ICAR to ARS under the initial constitution of ARS.
- » Assessment for merit promotion and grant of advance increments to scientists of the ARS.
- » To conduct National Eligibility Test, which is a prerequisite for the initial recruitment as Assistant Professor/Lecturer in the State Agricultural Universities.
- » Recruitment to posts in the combined cadres of Administrative Officers/Finance & Accounts Officers of the ICAR which are required to be filled by direct recruitment.